Brazil Win tournament despite Neymar’s absence – says Casemiro
Casemiro said ,” Regardless of the competitions we are in Brazil are favorites and must win of Friday’s tournament opener against Bolivia in Sao Paulo.”
Argentina announce 40 man preliminary squad for the tournament
- Argentina manager has announced a 40 man preliminary squad for June’s Copa America 2019 to be held in Brasil.
Argentina to announce preliminary Copa America list
- Argentina coach Lionel Scaloni will announce his preliminary list for the Copa America on Wednesday.
- The preliminary list of 40 will be announced Wednesday where we will find out if the likes of Sergio Aguero , Paulo Dybala and others will have a chance of making the final cut.
- May 30 will see the announcement of the final list of 23 players.
Qatar Airways Holidays offers
- To book your Qatar Airways Holidays travel packages call +974 4423 7938
- Qatar had surprised the world and won the hearts of many football fans across the globe for their historic victory at the 2019 AFC Asian Cup .
- The prospect of more success drives Qatar’s players as the country starts to countdown to the 2019 CONMEBOL Copa America Brazil.
- Footballs fans in Qatar can now join in the excitement and saw their support for the country’s national football team in Brazil with Qatar Airways Holidays amazing Copa America 2019 travel packages
Fans to choose name of Copa America’s capybara mascot
- Rio De Janerio – Soccer fans will choose the name of mascot of the Copa America in the Brazil this year
- The organization of the tournament published two name choices for its capybara mascot – Capibi and Zizito
- The vote will be open through the Copa America’s social media feeds until April 12
- Brazil will host the Copa America between June 14 to July 7 2019.
Peru to meet Costa Rica in Copa America Warm up matches – April 5
- Peru will finalize their Copa America preparations with a friendly against Costa Rica in June, officials in Thursday.
- The match will be played in Peru’s capital Lima’s on June 5 , according to a Peruvian Football Federation statement.
- It added that the venue and time of the fixture have yet to be confirmed.
- Peru have been drawn i Group A alongside Brazil, Bolivia and Venezuela.
America chasing first cup title in 45 years takes on Xolos
- America is two wins away from its first Copa title in 45 years. The Xolos of Tijuana are the first obstacle.
- The Copa MX semi finals pit two border teams against two Mexico city teams as America hosts the Xolos of Tijuana in one semi finalTuesday night while UNAM visits the Bravos of Cd. Juarez on Wednesday night.
- America coach Miguel Herrera is on record saying the Aguilas must win the double to consider the Clausura 2019 a success. The defending league champions have not lifted a cup trophy since 1974 and that 45 year drought is no longer acceptable for Aguilas management.
Messi Has A Dig At Icardi , ” We Never Treat Enybody Badly – 30 March 2019
- Messi gave an extensive interview to Radio 94.7 club Octubre in which he praised Cristiano , something which surprised everybody.
- Among other issues he was asked about Icardi’s comments which were made a few months back.
- An Icardi who has apparently wanted to apologize to inter in order to be available to play versus Lazio.
- The Inter Striker said ,” We felt very comfortable with everyone. It was really nice. I experienced what went on before and there was not so much camarederie and friendship . I hope it can carry on .
Higuain Retires From International Duties – 28th March 2019
- The 31 year forward has decided to bring his international duty to an end after having played 72 matches and scored 31 goals.
- He will no longer play for Argentina.
- After giving statements to Fox sports , he has reached the decision that it would be best to leave a space for the younger generation to come through in the Argentina Squad.
- ” My relationship with the national squad is normal . I want to leave it in the best way, and I believe that I have”, confirmed the Argentine forward.
Lionel Messi to play for Argentina in Copa America 2019 – 27th March , 2019
- Lionel Messi played for Argentina for the first time since the world cup in Friday’s match against Venezuela
- Leo will be in Copa America. It is evident he will be : Argentina coach Scaloni
- Messi made no impression against Venezuela in Madrid .
- He will no t play against Morocco on Tuesday because of a groin injury